RABIT is a direct and indirect impedance measurement system for the rapid detection of bacteria, yeasts and moulds. The system is designed to allow tests to be carried out over a range of incubation temperatures to provide maximum flexibility for microbiological testing.
- Use the direct technique to measure the changes of metabolizing micro-organisms as they increase electrical conductance of the culture media in the system – detects growth at the beginning of the growth phase, not at the end as with traditional methods.
- Use the indirect technique to monitor the amount of carbon dioxide produced by growing organisms. This technique is particularly suitable for detecting organisms that do not produce highly charged metabolites.
- Uses Windows™-based software for easy sample entry and analysis of results. You can also export your data for use in other spreadsheet/ database programs.
- Low consumable costs as the test cells are durable and re-usable.
- RABIT is a modular system that can build with your requirements: from a single 32-channel incubator module up to 16 incubators (providing 512 channels).
- Ideal for quality assurance on raw materials and finished products, water testing, challenge testing, product performance, antibacterial studies, TVC, coliforms, enterobacteriaceae, Salmonella sp, anaerobes, gram negatives, spore formers and yeasts/moulds.
This system is used by food and dairy laboratories and university research laboratories.