Features:Rather than use ‘off-the-shelf’ filters, the Whitley HEPA Filtration System uses filters designed specifically for the product in conjunction with one of the world’s leading filter manufacturers.
Fitted with patented oval ports, equipped with sleeves and cuffs, which provide greater freedom of movement and operator comfort.
Automated humidity control with no user maintenance
Rapid, built-in airlock with mechanical and electrical interlocks - no risk of compromising conditions inside the chamber
Touch-screen interface with password protected user levels
Dual gas operation and automatic commissioning cycle
Constructed from 10mm thick annealed acrylic, most robust chambers available
Tangential fans create laminar flow in chamber, internal atmosphere is constantly being circulated over catalyst, Anotox, and heating mat for a consistent and strictly anaerobic environment
Double internal power socket, 2 Amp max
Accommodates up to 600 plates with ample work space, three porthole doors
Gas requirements: 1 x ANO2 = 10% H2, 10% CO2, 80% N2 -OR- 1 x ANO2 and Nitrogen
No requirement to bake catalyst, simply replace catalyst and Anotox annually
Available removable front that can be removed and replaced in 30 seconds without the use of tools. This allows for thorough cleaning or installation of larger equipment
The Whitley A35 is available with custom port options. The two ports can be either rapid entry or conventional sleeved ports by choosing the removable front option.
- Atmospheric cleanliness
- Exceeds international HEPA standards
- Available on most Workstations
Eliminate contamination during extended growth
All the atmosphere passes through the filter hundreds of times an hour, which ensures the chamber environment is cleaned quickly. DWS filters are located inside the workstation, which prevents the filter becoming saturated with moisture and rendered ineffective. Levels of atmospheric cleanliness inside the workstation exceed the requirements of ISO 14644 Class 3.
Tests were carried out in the DWS GLP compliant laboratories on the use of the Whitley HEPA Filtration System within an anaerobic chamber. Two Whitley Workstations were used - one fitted with HEPA filtration, one without HEPA. These tests demonstrated that the system produces a rapid and substantial reduction in bacterial contamination of the atmosphere. Atmoshpere was sampled from three locations - the chamber interior, the location adjacent to the pressure relief valve outlet, and the external atmosphere adjacent to the chamber (in the operator’s position). The results confirmed that no bacterial colonies were recovered from any of the sampling points after 2 minutes of the introduction of bacteria by nebulization.
- Anaerobic Conditions
- This factory-fitted option monitors and displays real time oxygen levels within the workstation. Depending on the percentage of oxygen present, the chamber/airlock symbol on the touch screen will read green, yellow or red. The electronic Anaerobic Conditions Monitoring System is complete with oxygen sensor and a special software package. The oxygen sensor is located inside the chamber for accurate, real-time readings. The sensor is easily and quickly calibrated via the touch screen.
- Our custom-designed trolley frees up bench space and allows the chamber to be moved. The trolleys are built with high quality tubular steel and smooth rolling lockable wheels. They offer a sturdy and stable frame to support your use of our anaerobic and microaerophilic workstations.
- Gas Pressure Monitor
- Designed as a method of monitoring the gas supply. The system will indicate the status of both sides of the switchover: FULL – IN SERVICE, and DEPLETED. When a cylinder or cylinder bank is depleted, the green light will change to a red light, and the audible alarm will sound.
- 15cm Letterbox
- Ideal for quickly introducing small quanitites of samples and supplies
- Spare Cable Gland
- Used to accommodate a power or data cable without affecting the chamber conditions
- Data Logging
- Access temperature, humidity, chamber pressure and anaerobic conditions. Stores up to 30 days of system information, accessed via USB port.
- Internal Storage Trays
- Maximum 2 per unit; positioned under the shelf
- 10 Plate Dish Rack
- Easily stack and move 10 petri dishes. Prevents spills with a rigid design