The Whitley M155 HEPA variable atmosphere workstation is ideal for the study and isolation of fastidious microaerophiles where HEPA filtration is required. This workstation has a capacity of 1,800 litres; two airlocks; and two removable fronts.
The huge capacity of this workstation means that it can accommodate a variety of laboratory equipment, e.g cell sorters, colony pickers, high throughput bioreactors, microscopes and spiral platers, such as the Whitley WASP Touch.
This is a 4-gas system with built in oxygen, CO2 and hydrogen sensors allowing users to program precise gas concentrations, perfect for manipulating samples in a sustainable microaerobic environment. Microaerobic workstations provide the most flexibility of any models in the Whitley Workstation range; allowing anoxic/anaerobic, microaerobic or hypoxic atmospheres to be created if desired without the need to change incoming gasses.
The M155 HEPA is fitted with the unique Whitley Internal HEPA Filtration System. All the atmosphere passes through the filter hundreds of times an hour, which ensures the chamber environment is cleaned quickly.
Features:Four patented oval ports enable you to work comfortably, gloved or bare handed. With two sets of ports, two researchers can work in the chamber side-by-side.
Rather than use off-the-shelf HEPA filters, our manufacturer, DWS, has worked with one of the world's leading filter manufacturers to develop a filter specifically tailored to suit this workstation.
Levels of atmospheric cleanliness inside the workstation exceeds the requirements of ISO 14644 Class 3 (equivalent to Class 1 of the US Fed Std 209E Cleanroom Standards and exceeds the particle counts attained at rest’ (without an operator) of Grade A as set out in the GMP Guidelines). We can provide test results confirming particulate levels inside the workstation.
Fitted with a fan that circulates the internal atmosphere continuously - contributing to even temperature distribution and ensuring any internal particulate will be in motion.
Two removable fronts to enable the transfer of larger batches of samples or pieces of equipment for use inside the chamber.
Color, touch screen control panel for ease of use and for visual display of parameters such as temperature, humidity and airlock cycle status.
- Rotating Turntable
- A rotating turntable (up to 3 per shelf) to hold up to 80 x 90mm Petri dishes
- Platform Assbemly
- In sizes 440 x 400mm and 520 x 520mm robust platform with castors, designed to help move larger equipment around inside a Whitley Workstation
- Double Internal
- Facilitate the use of electrical equipment inside the chamber.
- Whitley Enhanced
- Some Whitley Workstation users require additional safeguards to reduce the possibility of bacteria contained inside workstations being released via the main chamber exhaust valve and the airlock exhaust valve. To address this requirement our Whitley HEPA workstations can be specified with additional HEPA filters fitted to these exhaust valves.
- Vacuum Take-off
- Provides a method of aspirating used liquid media from inside the workstation in safety and without the risk of spillage or contamination.
- Single Plate
- Front loading Single Plate Entry System (or Letterbox)
- Cable Gland
- Cable glands allow cables and probes to be introduced into a Whitley Workstation without compromising internal conditions. A small cable gland is available with a clamping range between 3 - 7mm in diameter.
- Multiple Cable Port
- Unique to DWS, this option allows various cables and probes to be introduced into the chamber without compromising internal conditions. The port is 50mm in diameter.
- Our custom-designed trolley frees up bench space and allows the chamber to be moved. The trolleys are built with high quality tubular steel and smooth rolling lockable wheels. They offer a sturdy and stable frame to support your use of our anaerobic and microaerophilic workstations.
- Gas Pressure Monitor
- Designed as a method of monitoring the gas supply. The system will indicate the status of both sides of the switchover: FULL – IN SERVICE, and DEPLETED. When a cylinder or cylinder bank is depleted, the green light will change to a red light, and the audible alarm will sound.
- Temperature Mapping
- Data is collected from up to 12 sensors, traceable to national standards, positioned throughout the workstation chamber. This is preferably a factory-based test but it can be performed on-site if necessary.
- Electronic Gas
- The Electronic Gas Leak Detector provides an audible tick and flashing LED when exposed to H2 gas at 50 ppm or more. This device also has a tip light to illuminate dark areas.
- 15cm Side
- Ideal for quickly introducing small quanitites of samples and supplies
- Large Cable Gland
- A large cable gland with a clamping range of 18 – 25 mm in diameter is available.
- Data Logging
- Access temperature, humidity, chamber pressure and anaerobic conditions. Stores up to 30 days of system information, accessed via USB port.
- Data Logging with
- This option allows the user to record the data from the environmental parameters inside the workstation AND allows the user to pre-programme different oxygen levels. The user can determine how long the workstation atmosphere remains at a particular oxygen level and when to adjust to higher or lower oxygen concentrations.
- Internal Storage Trays
- Maximum 2 per unit; positioned under the shelf
- The Whitley LED Spotlight option provides directional lighting to assist in the early identification of sample growth or other specimen examination. It is mounted on a small pod on the left hand side of the chamber. The on/off switch is also located on this pod.
- Whitley Transfer
- Connect an i2 workstation to selected Whitley Workstations. Transfer Cell Plates from the connected workstation without subjecting cells to ambient laboratory conditions.
- Front Loading
- A single sample entry system is ideal for quickly introducing culture flasks, Petri dishes and other small items. This 9cm front loading 'letterbox' is retrofittable if the unit has a removable front.
- Single Point
- This is essential when a laboratory must demonstrate that temperature performance could directly or indirectly affect results. It provides independent, UKAS-accredited testing and supporting certification. It also confirms, through measurements taken from a single position within the workstation incubation area, using a calibrated temperature probe traceable to national standards, that the workstation temperature is controlled and displayed within specified tolerances.